Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

What better way to deal with the Christmas being over blues than with a wedding!  Hello Wedding Season 2011!  With many friends engaged and save-the-dates hitting our mailbox, it looks like it's going to be another busy year.  No complaints from me...I LOVE WEDDINGS!!!

Kicking off the season: Curt & Michelle's wedding at the Davenport Hotel in Spokane

Conor flew back to Spokane Thursday night to begin the wedding festivities.  We went straight to the Safari Room in the Davenport Towers to join some of the wedding party and the bride and groom's family for cocktails.  It was fun to meet everyone before the rehearsal dinner the following evening.  We didn't stay out too late, since Conor had already worked a full day, and we wanted to be well rested for the next two nights.

Friday night Conor & I popped into the Post Street Ale House to watch the beginning of the Eastern Washington vs. Delaware football game.  The bar was packed and Conor was the only person cheering for the blue hens.  Luckily he only received a few dirty looks and didn't ruffle anyone's feathers too much.  It was a great game (with Eastern winning), but we didn't get to see the whole game since we had a rehearsal & dinner to get to. 

After the rehearsal, there was a little bit of time before dinner was starting.  Conor & I, our friends TJ & Erin, and the bride & groom made a pit stop for a cocktail at Rain.  We figured since the bride & groom were with us, the dinner wouldn't start til they were there.  I quickly sipped on my favorite Rain cocktail: the plumtini on the rocks!


The rehearsal dinner was held at C.I. Shenanigans which is located on the Spokane River.  I had never been before even though I've heard lots of good things about it.  The place was elegant and dinner quite tasty.  It was such a fun night to spend with friends and help them celebrate! 


Before we ended the night, TJ & Erin came with Conor & I to the Elk.  I was craving a cider and everyone else wasn't quite ready for the night to be over...


After sleeping in, Conor headed downtown to join all the boys in the wedding.  While they were "getting ready" and having pictures taken, I joined my family at Tonicx to watch the Seahawks play the Saints!  I was having a rough morning but a couple bloody mary's fixed me up.  There's a great crowd at Tonicx which made for a really fun atmosphere for watching the game.  As we all know, the hawks won!  The game went a little longer than I expected, so I had to quickly change into a dress in the back office and get my buns downtown in a hurry for the wedding. 

The ceremony was beautiful with my favorite being a reading from the Velveteen Rabbit.  The reception was in the Marie Antoinette Room in the Davenport.  The evening was wonderful!  The bride looked gorgeous and the couple so genuinely happy.  I couldn't be happier for Curt & Michelle!  We ended the night with some dancing and then hit the sheets...we were exhausted.


Sunday we spent packing up more of our christmas & wedding gifts.  We are getting very close to finally having everything in AZ but aren't quite there yet.  We took a break from all the packing and headed to my brother Ryan's for brunch with he and Chelsea.  He made the Simpson Family favorite: breakfast sausage casserole.  Mmmm it was exactly what I needed the morning after the wedding.  Ryan & Chelsea are both very busy, so we don't get to do things like this very often.  It was very special and we had lots of fun being lazy on a Sunday with them.  After a few mimosas we had to say our goodbyes...we might not be making it back to Spokane for a few months...but hopefully we'll be having lots of visitors!  It's hard to leave after having been there for 3 1/2 weeks.

On our way to the airport we stopped into El Que one more time.  We have been inspired and have already started infusing our own tequilas.  I'll fill ya in our homemade creations soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment