Thursday, April 14, 2011

Top Bunk is Kitty

April arrived with very hot temperatures: 99 degrees on the 1st!  That's a little hot for April in my book!  I'm sure Conor is thinking..."let the whining begin," but I will try and keep my complaining to a minimum through these upcoming summer months!  Anyways, I was wanting to get out of Arizona, and Conor had been wanting to visit a friend in Palm Desert, so we made an impromptu trip to California.

We went to visit Conor's childhood friend, Kelly, who he hasn't seen in years.  Kelly and her husband Matt have three kids, one of which is only 3 months old.  I was really looking forward to getting my baby fix in!  Kelly told us that we would be sleeping in the kids room which has two bunks bed...I quickly claimed top bunk!  Kelly's response: "Top bunk is kitty!"  I thought this was her way of saying, "Top bunk is really cool," but oh no...top bunk is really kitty...as in kitty bedding!  I was instantly 8 years old again and reliving my kitty pajamas days!

The first morning of our visit everyone was up early, except me, until Conor told me Monte (the 3 month old) was having bath time in the kitchen!  This was enough motivation, so I quickly got out of bed to see the cutest little boy ever get cleaned up.  Our morning only got better when we played a few games of freeze tag and red rover outside with the girls.  Oh my are kids fun, I forgot all about these games!  Then we headed to downtown Palm Springs since Conor and I had never been before.  It was nice to walk outside and enjoy the sun.  Here are some fun pics of us and Sophia (the almost 3 year old).

Next up was a delicious lunch at a Mexican restaurant called Armando's.  The place was packed and the margaritas were stiff...even for me!  Once our bellies were full, Conor & Matt went to buy catch phrase and a kiddie pool, while the rest of us made cookies at the house.  Well Kelly & Sophia made cookies, while I got some quality Monte time!



I had promised Olivia (the 5 1/2 year old) that we could go swimming, so we improvised with the kiddie pool.  They are definitely not built for adults, 'cause once I got in it....all the water practically poured out!  However, it was an exciting 10 minute activity!



The rest of the night was full of a little game Olivia called Hair Stylist, catch phrase (of course), and Despicable Me.  The movie put the kids right to bed, so the adults had a late night dinner of flank steak and chatted over some red wine.

In the morning, the two little girls got up early to watch Despicable Me again.  Conor got up as well and spent some time with just the two of them.  I was enjoying the top bunk and kitty blanket so much that I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed yet.  For the next hour, I could hear Olivia & Sophia coming in and out of the room frequently to see if I was awake.  Finally I hear one of them ask Conor: "Does she know it's 8 o'clock?!"  Apparently my still sleeping at 8am was unacceptable so I quickly joined them for some more fun before we had to leave. 

Before saying our goodbyes, Kelly loaded me up with about six baby books!  Guess I have some reading to do.  She was worried that after our visit, Conor & I would never want kids.  But her little ones were too cute, and we loved playing with them.  I may have a bit of baby fever, but...we are going to wait for a little while...

Next baby fix: a trip to Kansas in May to see my great friend Christina and her 3 month old Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment